For 15 years, I had the privilege of helping SOL Lingerie expand to one of the largest and most successful independent lingerie stores in the United States. Building a small business to a ‘big’ small business was exciting, challenging and a never-ending learning process. As the business grew, our marketing needs grew, as well as our marketing options!
A critical milestone in the company’s success came in 2008 when SOL recognized the benefit and importance of understanding its customers’ buying preferences and shopping habits – the “buyer’s lifecycle.” I helped develop an in-house Customer Relationship Management system, which became the foundation of almost every marketing program from that point forward.
This targeted marketing approach was successful not only because it improved the bottom line, but because customers felt special. In fact, I say the reverse of that is true. It is BECAUSE the customers felt special that the bottom line improved. Data-driven communications encourage relationship building, and relationships are what make a company thrive and shine. Shine Bright Marketing is here to help you do just that.
- Company sales increased 270% during tenure
- Successfully created, implemented and tracked marketing programs utilizing the data in the CRM program I created. Since 2011:
- Number of annual customers increased 25%
- Average yearly spend by customers increased 28%
- Number of repeat customers increased 61%
- Top customer annual spend increased 90%
- Number of top customers increased 85%
- Frequency that top customers shopped annually increased 33%
- Designed and developed four iterations of websites, including e-commerce
- Executed annual branded marketing campaigns and photoshoots, including SOL Air which was nominated for OAAA OBIE 2011 award for outdoor billboard
- Created, implemented and tracked marketing program with response rates upwards of 30%
- Launched company Facebook page and obtained 12,000 likes within 24 months
- Designed and conducted customer feedback surveys, garnering 2500 responses in 5 days
- Successfully garnered national press. Facilitated SOL owner Cindy Johnson’s appearance on the Today Show nine times.
About… The Play Part
- I’m an adventure travel fanatic and recently reached my dream of traveling to all seven continents. (As an entrepreneur I bet you relish having an independent schedule too!)
- Seeing the wildebeest migration in the Serengeti was a favorite and unforgettable travel moment. (Are you also trying to create unforgettable life moments?)
- I’ll try anything once! Even if it’s a bowl of fried goat tongues. (Do you agree that a unifying quality of entrepreneurs is we are willing to take (some) risk?)
- Having never before meditated, I completed a 10-day silent meditation course in India. No touch, no speaking, no music, no writing, no electronics, no yoga. 10 hours of mediation a day. For 10 days. Gulp. (Have you ever jumped into anything with both feet without knowing how to swim?)
- I shine brightest when I am connecting with people. (What makes you shine?)