Chief Sunshine Maker, Shine Bright Marketing
I spent 15 years as the marketing director of SOL Lingerie, a place whose goal was to help women feel good in their bodies. I had the privilege of helping SOL expand to one of the largest and most successful independent lingerie stores in the United States. Building a small business to a ‘big’ small business was exciting, challenging and a never-ending learning process. As the business grew, our marketing needs grew, as well as our marketing options!
In 2016 I started Shine Bright to help women feel good about their business, offering not just marketing strategy, positioning and analytics, but also technical savvy, hand-holding, a global perspective and an East Coast-with-a-smile attitude.
Are you wasting money and losing clients with your marketing? Let’s talk.
- Company sales increased 270% during tenure
- Successfully created, implemented and tracked marketing programs utilizing the data in the CRM program I created. From 2011- 2015:
- Number of annual customers increased 25%
- Average yearly spend by customers increased 28%
- Number of repeat customers increased 61%
- Top customer annual spend increased 90%
- Number of top customers increased 85%
- Frequency that top customers shopped annually increased 33%
- Designed and developed four iterations of websites, including e-commerce
- Executed annual branded marketing campaigns and photoshoots, including SOL Air which was nominated for OAAA OBIE 2011 award for outdoor billboard
- Created, implemented and tracked marketing program with response rates upwards of 30%
- Launched company Facebook page and obtained 12,000 likes within 24 months
- Designed and conducted customer feedback surveys, garnering 2500 responses in 5 days
- Successfully garnered national press. Facilitated SOL owner Cindy Johnson’s appearance on the Today Show nine times.
About… The Play Part
- I’m an adventure travel fanatic and recently reached my dream of traveling to all seven continents. (As an entrepreneur I bet you relish having an independent schedule too!)
- Seeing the wildebeest migration in the Serengeti was a favorite and unforgettable travel moment. (Are you also trying to create unforgettable life moments?)
- I’ll try anything once! Even if it’s a bowl of fried goat tongues. (Do you agree that a unifying quality of entrepreneurs is we are willing to take (some) risk?)
- Having never before meditated, I completed a 10-day silent meditation course in India. No touch, no speaking, no music, no writing, no electronics, no yoga. 10 hours of mediation a day. For 10 days. Gulp. (Have you ever jumped into anything with both feet without knowing how to swim?)
- I shine brightest when I am connecting with people. (What makes you shine?)